Monday, June 6, 2011

Day 2 Carlow

So, I finally get my laptop back so I can post for Sunday.  We did attend mass in Carlow at the cathedral.  It's a beautiful cathedral located right next to the Carlow College (St Patrick's college).  This is the school that MCC has an Ireland abroad program that Yesenia plans to apply to in the near future.
 Cathedral of the Assumption
My daughter & I had the same thought when we first glimpsed the main building at Carlow College, it reminded us of another building from our travels together to the Bardstown Kentucky area.  Specifically, the main hall at Nazareth academy where my mom (her Mama Judy) attended high school!
it may not be the same though both of us managed to think so...

We walked around the town & found the local Aldi store.  Made me wonder what was wrong with the one in our town...  It had all kinds of stuff in it, including Guinness Beer!  We then walked down to the Barrow  river where local boat racing was taking place.  They were well into the final runs of the weekend competition.  This is where I had a rude run in with a poodle.  Let's just say this is the poodle that liked to doodle... Not happy with this dog or his owner!



Though it was cold & rainy, the competitors & fans were quite enthusiastic!

We ate dinner at a pub called "Reddy's" which was quite good.  The proprietor of our B&B recommended it as a place for good food without paying through the nose!

The B&B, the Avalon in Carlow, is really superb!  The proprietor is friendly & the room is gorgeous!  He also has some beautiful gardens surrounding the property.

The window view!

Also, why I'm having trouble getting my fair share of laptop time... She's cleaning up for the day so I managed to get my turn finally.

Around the Avalon B&B in Carlow.  Though all the places we stayed were really nice, this was by far the nicest place we stayed.  The linen smell like Bath & Body Works Sea Island Cotton scent.  If Yesenia ends up here for school, I may visit her just to stay here again!  Would definately recomend it to others staying in Carlow!

Off to Waterford today - Hopefully I'll get to update tonight.

Some Irish words of wisdom from the sugar bowl at Reddy's:

"Is minic a bhi fear maith i seanbhriste"  Good men can often be found wearing worn britches!

Have a good day!  Rita

No comments:

Post a Comment